Monday, June 20, 2011

Clarkson gets nostalgic (in his way) about VW's new Beetle



by Jeff Glucker



Jeremy Clarkson certainly has a way with words, and when he applies his wit to a topic the result is quite often an enjoyable reading experience. Clarkson has plied his wit upon the subject of Volkswagen's redesigned 2012 Beetle.

It's no secret that Jeremy and his Top Gear cohorts are not fans of the people's car. Perhaps Volkswagen can change his mind with the newest iteration of its iconic automobile?

Nope. In fact, his choice of descriptive words gets a little blue towards the end of the piece. Sample:

"Launching a modern-day incarnation that has sporty credentials is like launching a modern-day incarnation of the Mona Lisa who's crapping herself laughing."

Gumtree.com.au is a great place for Aussies to look for their next used car. That link was for Sydney used cars. If you're after Melbourne used cars, look here.

9 comments:

Jullie Flight said...

This is my personal favorite dream car. Perfect combo of retro class and modern edge!

Julie

kenetstone said...

I myself love The VW beetle models, they are sooo sweet and the same time really good cars!I even think of changing my Mini with a Beetle!
Removal and Storage

Tom Willer said...

I really dreamed that one day i also have the VW Beetle model car..

---------------------------------
Fender Flare | Bushwacker | Best tops| Discount-autocar-parts

JuanMig said...

How about the fuel consumption of this new beetle? Is it the same as the old one. Anyways, Nice post you have. I am Miguel and I am a new blogger. I also have a page for cars. Thanks!

http://themanbehindthewheel.blogspot.com

I am a bit of newbie butI really love cars.

Removal said...

Very cute car.I like even more the older editions of Beetle but this one is also great.

Moving Services

Stix said...

I don't get why VW keeps trying to bring the Beetle back. I guess it's just because the will be people stupid enough to buy the new models.

Me I'm planning on buying myself a secondhand one from http://www.automart.co.za and fully restoring it! I want a red one.

Then after that I'm getting myself an old Mini to do the same with, a blue one.

sponge kitty said...

I like the redesigned 2012 Beetle. I was amazed when I see the modern version of Volkswagen before. It looked modern and classy than the old Beetle. I think Volkswagen is definitely the People's car.

Short Term Lease

Katheline Bell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I was so confused on how they convert the "Cars" to "Mona Lisa"? Uhh.....

Rose from Supagard Protection